Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/08/2012

Prometheus (2012)

I was dissatisfied walking out of the theater, but when Gary and I talked it over later, we realized it was a pretty solid movie ruined by high expectations and, more tangibly, by Noomi Rapace in the lead.

She lacks the charisma and passion to convey the faith and wonder her character held for the project (finding human origin) going in and the devastation and hopelessness she experiences later. Her face was near expressionless and her delivery rarely varied. Her one decent scene was when she was locked in a tube with her aborted alien baby...and, to be fair, I doubt that took much acting.

C+

Labels: , , , , , ,