Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/26/2012

Jimmy Carter Man From Plains (2007)

I've long been an admirer of Jimmy Carter: for a believer and a reasonable, thinking member of society like myself, he's nothing short of a hero.

This documentary covers the book tour for his book Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid.  Although the film is unnecessarily stylized -- the datelines were often almost part of the scenery and, therefore, easy to miss and the music was sometimes confusing and distracting -- Carter's personality shines through.  He comes off as smart, decent, hardworking and fearless.  He also rarely loses his temper and is an always-gracious guest even when interviewers clearly haven't bothered to do their homework.

My opinion of him held fast and I'm happy to have him representing both Christianity and America.  I really should read some of his books.

B+ (more for the subject than the presentation)

Labels: , , ,