Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/10/2014

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)

I don’t really get the whole CGI baby thing. I get they were trying to make her features similar to the older girls’ features...but the e-trade baby is more convincing than this creepy monstrosity.



And the CGI wolves are, as ever, so unnatural in looks and movement that it’s almost a throwback to when CGI was brand new.

That said, at least there was some story here, which is a nice step up from the last installment. The climatic battle (even though it’s a fakeout) is exciting -- as long as you an ignore the aforementioned bendy wolves -- and the closing credits almost made me not hate it.

D+

Labels: , , , ,