Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/20/2015

The Trip (2011)

Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon are doing a weeklong tour of several restaurants, their reviews of which will be published. It’s not a documentary, but they are playing themselves -- though I dearly hope that these are caricatures of themselves.

Brydon’s constant impressions got on my nerves every bit as much as they got on Coogan’s & Coogan’s perma-dourness was as trying for me as it was for Brydon. It got to feeling as though I was seeing the same scenes over and over (I know for a certainty that I heard the same impressions over and over), but every so often their was a charming bit of conversation that would pull me back in.

I’m not sure if I’m up for taking the Trip to Italy with them.  Perhaps I simply need a month or so to miss them a bit before hitting the road with them again.

C

Labels: , , ,