Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/13/2015

Big Hero 6 (2014)

This movie has all of the right elements to make it heartwarming, but it somehow just didn't come together in quite the right way. Both Gary and I kept saying things like “I like it, but something’s off.” I thought that, perhaps, if they’d started out with a quick montage of Hiro’s early life/losing his parents/turning bitter (a la “Up”) that would’ve helped a lot to establish him as someone to root for. Instead, he was introduced as a (literal) know-it-all hustler and it was rather difficult to get on his side.

Baymax is about the most lovable character ever, though. Without him, the movie would be nothing.



B-

Labels: , , , , ,