Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/05/2015

The Way (2011)

Comfortable widower receives a call that his nothing-in-common son was killed during a storm in the French Pyrenees. Once in France to claim the body, he learns that his son was just a day into walking “The Camino” -- a 500-mile pilgrimage across Spain. The widower decides to walk it, scattering his son’s remains along the way.

This feels like a standard “sad curmudgeon softens despite himself” movie (see: Up), but I enjoyed it pretty well. I'd never heard of this particular pilgrimage and it seems like something I could actually do -- Gary seems game to give it a go as well!

B

Labels: , , , ,