Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/15/2015

The Past (2013)

A man returns to the home of his wife and her two daughters after 3 years to give her a divorce. What he didn’t know before arriving is that her new boyfriend and his son now live with them and she’s pregnant, which is why she wants the divorce. Oh, and her new boyfriend is married to a woman in a coma because she tried to commit suicide -- possibly because she was distraught over her husband’s affair.

I didn’t dislike it, but it felt a little weird. Everyone had secrets and agendas and I wasn’t sure what everyone was trying to do, exactly, nor why this guy was immediately pulled back into his ex-wife’s bullshit. I’ll admit that it was interesting, but it was also kind of miserable.

C+

Labels: , , ,