Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/10/2009

Up (2009)

That initial sequence, encompassing a lifetime of love, was so beautifully done that I almost wish the movie had ended there -- I was so affected that it was hard to pull myself together to watch the rest of the film.

Although the beginning is the "star," the rest of it is also quite winning. It lost a little bit of its charm once we caught up to the old explorer and his dogs, but it's still worth seeing. I'm not sure the 3-D feature (which is how we saw it) added much to the experience though.

Probably a solid "A" for the first half and a "B" for the second. I'll give it a...

B+

Labels: , , , , ,