Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/01/2015

The Others (2001)

Soon after the end of WWII, a brittle mother and her two children are alone in their estate -- the servants having quit suddenly and her husband yet to return from the war. To make things more difficult, both children suffer from a life-threatening allergy to sunlight, meaning that light must be kept to a minimum. It’s a nerve-frazzling situation that doesn’t get much easier once a trio of new servants show up at the door.

Second viewing, but I couldn’t remember everything so I was pleased that the five stars I’d rated it after my first watch really held up. Smart and spare with wonderful acting.

A-

Labels: , , , ,