Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/29/2016

The Jungle Book (2016)

The theater I was in wasn’t terribly full, so when a quartet of 9 or 10-year-old boys joined our row I sighed and told Gary we might need to move. Sure enough, throughout the trailers, they were talking loudly, climbing over each other and generally being annoying. Once the film started, however, I forgot all about them because they were paying attention. Quietly. As the credits rolled, two of the kids were applauding with their hands above their heads. And, no, not ironically

It looks great, the story is solid, and I can’t wait to have grandchildren so I can show this to them. I imagine that there were be lots of kids scraping up their knees and palms this summer after being inspired by Mowgli's sprints through the jungle. What a delight. 

B+

Labels: , , , ,