Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/30/2017

Jackie (2016)

The set-up is that Jackie is giving an interview a week after the assassination of her husband, so we see the events she’s describing in flashback while coming back to the interview itself periodically.

I have no idea if Natalie Portman does an amazing job here -- I know zero about the actual Jacqueline Kennedy. I do know that it’s a very precise performance and that she seems to be portraying a woman whose every public action was a deliberate performance. So, though it may be accurate, the whole thing also came off quite artificial and very, very cold.

D+

Labels: , , ,