Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/18/2017

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017)

Ruth just wants people to be decent to each other and is increasingly ill-at-ease with the jerkiness of most humans. When she gets robbed and the police kind of shrug it off, she decides to work the case herself with the help of a neighbor.

I was really digging this movie, not in small part because my worldview is a lot like Ruth's: I don’t get the self-centeredness of most people I meet. But things got more than a little weird when we met the little crime “family” that was responsible for ripping her off. They were over the line of believability by at least three steps.

B

Labels: , , , ,