Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/27/2018

Call Me By Your Name (2017)

A lot of the time I wasn’t exactly sure how the two men at the center of this love story were picking up on each other’s signals -- they each seemed to be kind of shunning the other. Which, I guess, was the signal? I don’t know. Regardless, I found the film to be pretty good most of the way through.

What will stick with me, however, are the final moments -- where this movie elevated itself to “hauntingly beautiful.” Both the father consoling his son with his own confession and the son's tear-stained face perfectly conveyed the joy and pain of lost love.

A-

Labels: , , , ,