Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/21/2020

I Lost My Body (2019)

A hand, severed just above the wrist, escapes a lab and treks across the city in a search for its body. It can, apparently, see and hear and remember... so that's weird. There's also a simultaneous story being told of a young family, the child being, clearly, the hand's former owner. For the first 15 minutes or so I considered turning it off as I just wasn't in sync with it. It seemed, possibly, too out there.

But then I started to care. And with that investment, my eyes began to open to the simple beauty of the animation and the dreaminess of feelings it evoked. I still think there are some problems with it, but it's definitely unique and I enjoyed being in its world for a while.

B

Labels: , , , , ,