Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/04/2020

They'll Love Me When I'm Dead (2018)

In the last 15 years or so of his life, Orson Welles was working on what he anticipated would be the greatest film of his career: "The Other Side of the Wind." This documentary features several of the people who were there, as well as tons of behind-the-scenes clips. When I first started watching, I thought, "ooh! I can do a double feature! Watch this and then watch the actual movie!" We'd done that with Ed Wood and Plan 9 From Outer Space and it made for an entertaining evening. But, about 15 minutes into this doc, I already knew I wouldn't be watching Wind. 

This should be right up my alley. I love this kind of thing -- Hollywood stories, who was there, how it happened -- all of that stuff. But this was just deadly boring. And, honestly, sad.

D

Labels: , , ,