Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/02/2021

All Together Now (2020)

Amber is a ridiculously upbeat high schooler with seemingly endless wells of empathy and energy. She works part-time at a donut shop, on the weekends at a nursing home, heads up a charity variety show at her school, and also sleeps in the school bus her mother drives because they are homeless. More misfortune comes her way when her backpack with her savings in it gets stolen, her mother dies, and her dog gets sick and needs an $8000 operation. I mean, Amber is basically a modern-day Job in a chipper teen package. 

It's a fairly over-the-top story, but I'm sure I would've loved it when I was 15.

C

Labels: , ,