Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/16/2021

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (2020)

While I continue to be simply amazed at the way Cohen can trick people into exposing their horribleness, I really do not enjoy this cringey train-wreck stuff. It's incredible that he found such a willing partner for his shameless out-there shenanigans, but that's exactly what Maria Bakalova as daughter Tutar is. Watching this was almost like watching a horror movie -- I didn't want to see what was gonna happen next, and yet I couldn't look away. 

In short: I'm impressed but not entertained.

C

Labels: , , ,