Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/06/2021

The Report (2019)

Truly fascinating film about the "enhanced interrogation techniques" employed by the CIA in the aftermath of 9/11 and the committee that was tasked with writing a report on the subject. Well, I say "fascinating" but it'd be more accurate to call it frustrating or maddening or even sad.

I came away from it -- despite the grim knowledge that machines care about protecting themselves first and foremost -- with a feeling of hope. I'm inspired by Feinstein, McCain, Dan Jones, and others for standing up for what's right despite the threat to their own freedom and job security. It's obviously such a difficult thing to do. Bless them.

B+

Labels: , , ,