Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/23/2021

Solo (2019)

Based on the true story of Alvaro, who drove to a remote location alone to surf but suffered a fall. The landscape and his very serious injuries strand him there, making him more desperate as time slips by.

The structure of the film is a problem -- I didn't understand what, exactly, I was seeing. At first I thought he and his girlfriend were revisiting the site of his trauma for some closure or something... but, apparently, he was just hallucinating her there to get him through his situation. And the guy himself is a problem since he's one of those selfish sport bros who thinks he's invincible. I didn't much care if he survived and, since that's the whole story, I just wasn't interested.

C-

Labels: , , ,