Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/16/2021

A Castle for Christmas (2021)

Brooke Shields is an author who's just killed off a fan-favorite character. Facing backlash at home, she sets off for Scotland to see Castle Dun Dunbar, where her father's family worked when he was a child. The castle's for sale and she's rich... if it weren't for the grumpy Duke who owns the place, everything would be A-OK.

I tend to grade Christmas movies on a curve in the same way that I grade children's movies... they're meant to be seen through non-judgmental eyes. So, while this is a pedestrian, predictable movie with zero-chemistry romantic leads that would get a D+ if it didn't have "Christmas" in the title, I just can't help myself.

C+

Labels: , , , ,