Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/11/2022

When I'm Sixty-Four (2004)

Jim -- a quiet, introverted bachelor -- is heading straight from his last day as a teacher to the hospital for a nose job. His cabbie for the ride is Ray, a "man's man" who used to brawl in the streets for his football team. Ray's visit to the hospital to return Jim's left-behind jacket is the start of their unlikely friendship, which blossoms into an against-all-odds romance.

I have to admit, when the first romantic gesture happened, I kind of rolled my eyes. I was completely happy with the friendship, which made the romance feel unnecessarily forced. But it's all handled in the most lovely way and I was quickly won back.

B

Labels: , , , ,