Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/31/2022

I'm Your Man (2021)

Alma is a driven professional who, due to her single status, is pressured into taking part in a three-week beta testing. What she's testing is a humanoid that purports to be created with her desires in mind -- the perfect partner. But Alma's sole interest is her work which causes her to resent the intrusion on her time and in her home.

I watched this about a week ago and I've thought about it many times since. My husband and I have had a few conversations about the implications and morality of the study. Mostly, though, we just reflect on the tiny perfect moments, of which there are many. It's a smart story with a winning "couple" at the fore.

A-

Labels: , , , ,