Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/16/2022

Adult Swim Yule Log (2022)

A peaceful fire... for a few minutes. But then there's a cleaning woman and a home invasion. And then a couple arrive at an AirBnB only to have a sheriff knock on their door and tell them there's been a murder. Oh, and also? That log in their fire is cursed so they should stop burning it. And it only gets weirder from there.

This movie seemed to encompass all the genres. But it was mostly weird. Even when scary things were happening, the overriding thought was "this is the weirdest." I'm not sure I'd have liked it at all if I'd known anything about it going in -- I'm not sure it could even work if you have expectations.

C+

Labels: , , ,