Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/03/2023

Tár (2022)

Blanchett is absolutely mesmerizing as the formidable Lydia Tár, a woman who clearly knows what she wants and doesn't shy away from the hard work of doing what's necessary to get it. Though I'd trim the initial scene -- I was beginning to think the whole film was going to be that interview -- this is a masterpiece.

I went into this knowing only that it's about a female conductor, but it's so much more. I almost don't know how to talk about it except to say that Field is a hell of a writer and if Blanchett doesn't win best actress for this then the Oscars are broken.

A

Labels: , , , ,