Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/05/2024

Free Solo (2018)

Let me first say that I don't understand the thrill-seekers of the world. I like being scared only by those things I can turn off or close quickly. If it's my choice, I will never put myself in actual physical danger. So this whole rock climbing -- and especially free soloing (climbing without the safety of equipment) -- is a mystery to me. Just why?

Still, I couldn't help but be drawn into the drama of it and, since I don't follow climbing as a rule, I had no idea how this turned out, which made it even more dramatic.

B-

Labels: , , ,