Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/08/2024

F/X (1986)

The feds have gangster DeFranco willing to testify but, in order to keep him alive 'til trial, they decide to fake his murder. Roland is well-known for handling movie special effects, so he's hired by the FBI to work his magic & soon finds out he wasn't told the entire plan.

Though it's a fun enough plot, there are a couple of major flaws. 1) Roland becomes a killing machine -- which is quite the lifestyle change -- in no time flat and 2) his assistant Andy might be the worst actor I've ever seen,  and I'm including the casts of my kids' elementary school Christmas plays in that assessment.

C+

Labels: , , , ,