Jack (1996)
Jack has a rare disorder that causes him to age at 4 times the average speed and has been sheltered his entire life to spare him the bullying this would invite. But he's 10 now and his parents have agreed to let him join his peers in the fifth grade. Problem is: there's literally nothing interesting about Jack other than his disorder. Also, why does he act like he's 5 rather than 10? Are we supposed to consider that part of the disorder? Or are we just supposed to read it as "homeschool kids are kind of inept"?
This entire script is so tone deaf and dumb. I get that it's a magical situation, but this leans more toward drama than comedy so it should at least make me feel something other than irritation and boredom. I hated this movie so much and I was embarrassed for everyone involved.
F
<< Home