Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/02/2003

The Pledge (2001)

I was mesmerized by this film…but the last 10 minutes made me quite angry as it let me down and completely negated everything I thought was happening. Now, come on...just because a detective retires doesn't mean that he has nothing more to offer and that his theories become nonsensical -- I mean, weren't the porcupines and the girl's "wizard" reference enough to reopen the case? It just doesn't fly that evidence would be counted as nothing, especially when it comes from a respected source. And the woman & girl who had become part of his life completely abandon him because of the word of a cocky cop with a beef? Please. I was upset that I was so moved by what ultimately turned out to be crap.

C+

Labels: , ,