Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/28/2004

Cold Mountain (2003)

I liked this quite a bit more than I expected to. It's a long film, but it succeeded in holding my attention throughout.

The "hey look who it is!" cameos were a trifle distracting. For the smaller roles, it would have probably been better to cast unknowns so as to let the story shine through rather than the familiar faces taking center stage.

Renee Zellweger is so far over the top, I can hardly see her from the ground - can't believe she took the Oscar for this stompin', face-makin', scenery chewin' gal.

B

Labels: , , , , ,