Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/04/2005

Moonlight Mile (2002)

The first third is quite good. I knew a bit about the back story that was the inspiration for this movie - the writer/director was dating a young star when she was killed by a stalker…and I think that's the problem. The writer believes that the most interesting moments belong to the guy (his counterpart). He's quite wrong in this assumption, for the real life of the film belongs to the bereaved parents who desperately need the guy to hold their lives in balance for them. Sarandon is as good as I've ever seen her. I don't care about some stupid little "meet cute" romance the guy (who, it turns out, had broken up with the fiancé) gets going - I do care about the adults who believe that since this girl was their focus in life and continues to be in death, it makes perfect sense to assume that her boyfriend would feel the same way and would choose to stagnate along with them.

B-

Labels: , , ,