Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/05/2005

Scrooged (1988)

I remember seeing this for the first time while in a friend's hometown over Thanksgiving break. Full theater and the whole place was laughing so dang hard. I'm thinking now that there must've been something in the artificial popcorn butter that made us all a little loopy...

There are some extremely funny lines tossed off ("Have you tried *staples*?" comes to mind), but it's not going into the permanent Christmas film rotation for us. Carol Kane (as the Ghost of Christmas Present) and the ending "hey, I'm nice now" scene both wear out their welcome long before they're done.

C+

Labels: , , , , , ,