Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/14/2006

The Beguiled (1971)

One of my favorite Clint Eastwood movies. I've never really gotten his appeal -- but here? Oh boy do I get it!

Clint's a wounded Union soldier in Confederate territory. A student at an all-girls school happens upon him and drags him back there for bandaging. All the girls are pretty excited about having an enemy soldier on the grounds -- some because they can't wait to do their duty by turning him over to the authorites, and some because...well...as I said: "oh boy!"

It doesn't take long for Clint to have almost every girl and woman at the school giddy at the sight of him. While that keeps him from being turned over to the authorities, lots of females and just one male makes for a dicey situation all its own.

B+

Labels: , , , ,