Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/29/2006

Wedding Crashers (2005)

Certainly has the right actors and a golden idea...but, overall, I was disappointed. Too many of the scenes were lazy and simply didn't work. Yes, I'm happy about the return of the R-rated comedy -- enough already with the teenagers having all the fun -- but I really thought this would be a step up from those.

There are several funny situations, but I think that's the whole problem. This should have been a movie that is nothing BUT funny rather than some funny with long stretches of cliché and "jokes" that fall flat. The maniac of a boyfriend, the horndog of an older woman, the potty-mouthed grandmother, the nympho daughter, and the sour/sensitive/aggressive homosexual son were three unbelievable characters too many.

C

Labels: , , ,