Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/27/2006

High School Musical (2006)

I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched this movie twice in two days and rewound and watched the "Stick to the Status Quo" number probably a dozen times. It made me happy!

The one drawback was the lead actress who was all-too-conscious of how gosh-durn adorable she was. Her movements were precious and her line readings on the level of a, you know, a high school musical's. The rest of the cast, however, was excellent -- everyone seemed to be having ball and I couldn't help but have one with them.

Earlier this year, during American Idol, they panned the crowd and stopped on a kid who the screen told me was "Zac Efron, High School Musical." I had zero idea of why anyone would care. I get it now.

B+

Labels: , , , , ,