Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/30/2006

The Lake House (2006)

My sister-in-law saw this film in the theater way back in June and said to me, "I didn't get it. But you understand movies, so could you explain it to me?" I hadn't even seen the dang thing yet and I was able to sagely advise her, "you just have to go with it." I mean, duh. A time travel romance is not gonna hang together if you refuse to let it.

So -- I didn't concern myself with the plot holes that would manifest if you look too hard (but if there was no accident, then there was no warning letter, and no meeting...), I mean, I've played Majora's Mask, so no problem. What did bother me was the fact that the only reason future girl was interested in past boy and vice versa was because of the magic. Once they're living in same space and time, I give 'em six months tops.

C+

Labels: , , , ,