Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/10/2006

Bloody Sunday (2002)

A horrible event in Ireland's history known to most (including me, prior to this viewing) only through the words of a U2 song, gets a serious treatment here. The problem was, I spent the first three-quarters of the film a bit confused and somewhat bored.

I actually felt ashamed that I was left so cold by the carnage...I mean, how can I be so jaded to seriously say "this tragedy is boring"? But there you have it. I saw the power in the subject but not the telling. And, really. Should it be the viewers' job to find the power in a piece of art?

C+

Labels: , , ,