Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/27/2007

For Your Consideration (2006)

In FYC, director Guest leaves the pseudo-documentary format behind and the film suffers for it. It's alright in the first act, but gets more shrill and annoying the longer it runs.

I think I'm going to just have to stop hoping that Christopher Guest's movies are going to be great and admit that I only see them out of loyalty to the genius that is "This Is Spinal Tap. " I don't really like any of them, but they're usually worth at least a few chuckles and I can admire the camaraderie the little group obviously enjoys.

C-

Labels: , ,