Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/24/2007

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Fourth viewing -- first was in the theater during its initial theatrical run when I was oh-so-young.

Loved it the first time, liked it a whole bunch the second and third, but this time I was watching it with my older son, which caused me to try to imagine how he might be seeing it. What I discovered was that, while the performances were fine and the look of it really good, it's just not the masterpiece I used to think it was. Like I said, when this first came out I was pretty young and really hadn't seen that many "grown-up" movies. I was in awe of it and I think I allowed it to coast on that reputation through the next couple of viewings.

Certainly worth seeing, but I finally admitted that the "A" next to its name in my database needed to be changed.

B

Labels: , , , ,