Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/18/2007

The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (2006)

It's a masterpiece! It's an incisive commentary on the indifferent state of healthcare! It's a tragedy! It's a dark comedy! It's everything you ever wanted in a movie, wrapped in creamy nougat!

That's what everyone else said about this movie. Me? I say I'd rather have actually ridden around through the night in an ambulance with this supremely unlikable man visiting several disorganized and dehumanizing hospitals than to have seen this movie. At least then I could've watched the scenery go by and, maybe, read a magazine or two.

Boring, obvious, and unnecessarily long.

F

Labels: , , ,