Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/11/2007

Crazy Love (2007)

Simply fascinating stuff.

Young woman in the '50s is drawn into an affair with a married Hollywood lawyer -- she falls in love, while he falls into obsession. When she finally gets wise and moves on, he sends someone after her and...well...wow.

Definitely THE most dysfunctional relationship story I've heard: sounds like fiction if it weren't for the testimonials from the principals and newspaper clippings. If this were a drama, I'd say "too over-the-top -- needed heavy editing." Since it's a documentary, I'm just slack jawed.

A-

Labels: , , , ,