Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/31/2007

The Evil Dead (1981)

This is one of those movies that I've held dear in memory. I was telling my older son that it's silly but scary and rented it for Halloween night in eager anticipation of sharing it with him.

Well, it is kinda funny...for a while. The problem is that we were laughing at the effects and acting rather than any intended jokes in the script. The stop-motion stuff is cheesy and the actors are more wooden than the volunteers for spiritual skits at my summer camp ever were.

If you want to see superb Raimi and Bruce Campbell action, rent Army of Darkness instead.

D+

Labels: , ,