Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/13/2007

1408 (2007)

Lots of the sequences were well-done, but I couldn't get past the whole "what the HELL" aspect. Was the room possessed? Cursed? Was John Cusack supposed to be insane? I mean, really. I can just go with it if I know that's what's expected -- but I genuinely thought that there'd be something to this.

Probably my fault for looking for meaning in what was simply meant to be a never-ending queue of "Now THIS happens. Now THIS. And look out -- here's THIS." Some of it was scary, but it was also wearying and, ultimately, pointless.

D+

Labels: , , , ,