Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/22/2008

Killer Diller (2004)

We've been moving, so there's been no spare time to curl up with a movie for the last couple of weeks. Finally though, the boxes are unpacked, the couch is situated in the living room, the DVD player is hooked to the television, and I'm able to pull out the red envelope to relax for a couple of hours.

Well, hell. Now my first movie-watching memory in the house I fully intend to inhabit for the rest of my life is this piece of crap. How did this amateurish pablum about a Christian halfway house with a lame chorus-singing group transforming into a bar-playing blues band wind up in my queue anyway? Here's a taste: Lucas Black (still trying to recapture his Sling Blade glory) is cast as a piano-playing savant who requires sliced tomatoes whenever flustered. Yes, it's every bit as bad as it sounds.

And I figured out why this was in my queue: damn Ebert & Roeper.

D

Labels: , ,