Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/18/2008

Definitely, Maybe (2008)

I have no explanation for the fact that this movie made me go into great hitching sobs...maybe because I finally found that chick-flick I'd imagined Sisterhood 2 might be?

I quite enjoyed the fact that the outcome was different than I expected (or even hoped). Once again, however, I did NOT enjoy the scene stylings of Abigail Breslin -- kid's got no timing and diminishing charm. Also, Ryan Reynolds as a romantic lead was pretty bland. It seemed the trio of ladies used him like a Ken doll, each imagining him as more interesting than he actually was.

B-

Labels: , , , ,