Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/11/2009

No Reservations (2007)

I could pretty much cut and paste my review of the German Mostly Martha (of which No Reservations is a remake) in this space as everything I said there applies to this movie. Because of that, this takes a slight grade hit -- I've seen it before, and done better.

Zeta-Jones does a good job making me believe that someone who looks like she does could, possibly, find herself alone. I also like Eckhart's easy charm and thought it made sense that these two, despite their different temperaments, could find romance personally after falling in love with each other's food. Breslin, though? No. Stop casting her! The best I can hope for when she's in a film is that she won't distract me too much.

B-

Labels: , , , ,