Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/14/2009

Momma's Man (2008)

Story in a nutshell: grown man ("Mikey") with a wife and a newborn in California visits his parents, who still live in his childhood New York home, and becomes unwilling/unable to leave.

Been quite a while since I felt a movie was a complete waste of time. I hated this man-child and the enabling parents who refused to throw his ass out. It moved at a snail's pace, reveling in the non-action while never bothering to make Mikey in any way identifiable.

If I were his wife, I'd never take him back. If I were his parents, I'd be deeply ashamed.

D-

Labels: , , ,