Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/16/2009

Them (2007)

This is the way a "based on true events" scary movie SHOULD be. I'm not even getting into whether or not this stuff actually happened, I'm just saying that if there's going to be the little "this really happened!!" type notation at the beginning of a movie, it should be made in such a way that I'm not annoyed by how much was obviously fabricated. I mean, I was actively angry at what Hollywood did with this source material when they churned out The Strangers.

This was simple and frightening without false jumps. And at less than 80 minutes, the running time was also the correct, non-indulgent, length.

B+

Labels: , , ,