Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/03/2010

The Blind Side (2009)

The easy argument against there being 10 best picture nominees is that dreck like this gets nominated. Sandra Bullock was the only actor worth a damn in this horrid movie -- oh, wait, Kathy Bates was in the story for a few minutes and she's never bad -- but the script didn't do either of them any favors.

I hated watching this alone because I had no one with whom to roll my eyes every time that obnoxious "SJ" kid was spitting out his dialogue (one of the most annoying scenes helpfully embedded below). What a waste of my time this wanna-be-sentimental-but-just-plain-bad movie was.


F

Labels: , , ,