Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/17/2010

Greenberg (2010)

While his brother's family is vacationing in Viet Nam for several weeks, Roger (Ben Stiller) comes to stay in their California home to "do nothing for a while."

He's definitely misanthropic - he judges everyone harshly, routinely alienates those with whom he comes in contact, and is far from socially apt - but he also definitely needs the company, attention, and chauffeuring of others. I wasn't turned off by Roger, but rather my heart went out to him in a burst of understanding -- which is what I think happened with the lovely Florence. She and the family dog work on him, seemingly against his will, to make him care.

Something about this film just got to me.

A-

Labels: , , , ,