Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/06/2011

The Fighter (2010)

I'm well aware that I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I think this whole movie is a mess. The characters are outlines of people, the timelines are extremely unclear, and the out-of-nowhere brawls (cops breakin' hands just because yo -- catfight on the porch just because ho) added up to a couple of hours of eye rolling.

Another minority opinion: there's more method than acting in Christian Bale's method acting. Sure he lost the weight and learned the accent, but it felt like a stunt rather than like he WAS Dicky.

C-

Labels: , , ,